Saturday, April 8, 2017

York Region teacher's licence revoked after having sex with a student


A York Region teacher has been disciplined by the Ontario College of Teachers for having intercourse with a student.

The Discipline Committee of the Ontario College of Teachers has revoked the licence and membership of Sean Michael Douglas after ruling there was sufficient evidence to support boundary violations with three female students prior to sexually abusing and having sexual intercourse with a fourth student between 2009 and 2011.

“What we did was absolutely sick … you’re such a pedophile and I get sick when I think about what we did … I hate you for what happened and I hate myself.”

These were the words the fourth student wrote to Douglas on Sept. 17, 2011 in response to an email he sent asking her to lie about their relationship to save his career, per the evidence presented at the disciplinary hearing.  (more...)


No comments:

Post a Comment