Thursday, March 17, 2016

Mundabor: The Pope Who Was Duped


Three years ago yesterday, Pope Benedict stunned the world announcing his abdication.

I have written often that I do not believe in any conspiracy theory, and that this fabrication of abstruse hypotheses is always the ideal way for the very grumpy to create a bespoke reality for themselves. I am, also, fully persuaded that Benedict would not lie, and did what he did exactly for the reasons he said: the desire to have a strong Pope rather than a frail one in times in which a strong man – which he, alas, knew he wasn’t – was necessary.

The intention was, if you ask me, perfectly fine. The man had seen JP II in his last years, and I agree with him the Papacy does not deserve that. You can talk as much as you want about the sacredness of the papal office, but if the sacred office ends up exercised by other people who have not been elected Pope I have a problem with that, too. [See Note]  I still commend the courage, and approve of the intention. It is my personal forecast that as medicine advances and the number of Popes living, but unable to exercise their office properly, increases, so will the abdications. And let us remind ourselves that an abdication is not sinful at all, if done with the right intention, for the good of the Church.

However, it seems to me that Benedict was very naive, and was duped by his own people.  (more...)


We know BXVI was being manipulated. The blogger doesn't name the culprit, however:


Note: Mundabor's position is humanist, not Catholic. As St. Paul asserted, the Lord is strong when he is weak. Reliance on human calculation leads to disaster. The office of Pope is super-natural. Never buy a freemason's humanist misdirection.

No comments:

Post a Comment