Wednesday, October 23, 2013

About that figure of 40% of adult homosexuals having a history of sexual abuse

According to a very prominent and well published psychiatrist, who is also at a nationally ranked research university, the 40% figure I stated in a recent post, for which I took some serious flak over my email account (ouch!), was totally legitimate!

Here is what this prominent researcher replied, when I sent a fact-checking message asking for clarification:

Regarding the statistics on childhood sexual abuse among homosexuals, the 40% figure is among the higher estimates in the research literature, but all the studies I've seen on this have shown statistically significant higher rates among male and female self-identified homosexuals as compared to heterosexuals.  (more...)

No comments:

Post a Comment